Installing a new roof on an existing home does not have to be a major undertaking. Although the roof may cover 60% or more of the exterior of your house, a systematic approach along with an experienced work crew can make the undertaking seamless and painless. Paul Marcum Roofing installs most new roofs in 1-2 days. Watching the weather is standard procedure to insure the utmost protection during the process.
The variety of choices in shingles and roofing systems have never been greater for a roof replacement. If your home is part of a homeowners association and you are considering replacing your roof with something other than what matches your current roof, first be sure to determine if you need approval for the style and color of your new roof.
Asphalt/Fiberglass shingles are the most commonly use in residential roofing. These shingles come in:
- 3-Tab, 25 year warranty
- Dimensional/Architectural, 30, 35, 40, 50 year, and lifetime warranty
- Premium shingles – Featuring various, unique styles and colors, 50 year to lifetime warranty
Hail Resistant shingles are now available and will give you a discount of up to 27% on your homeowners insurance. These shingles are Class 4 and UL 2218.
- SBS/Modified, Dimensional/Architectural 50 year and lifetime warranty.
- Stone coated steel in various styles, 50 year warranty
- Aluminum shakes, lifetime warranty
- Steel panel roofing, 20 to 50 year warranty
- Rubber roofing, 50 year warranty
Slate Roofing is now available as a re-roofing option and does not require additional attic bracing and support. The price is also much less than slate roofs of the past.